- We do not have any freezers in our pizzerias
- We use fresh produce, brought to us daily, including fresh peppers, onions,
arugula, tomatoes, eggplant and mushrooms to name a few
- Meat toppings are always fresh, like our 100% boneless chicken breast, roasted daily
- We use extra virgin olive oil, the healthiest of all olive oils
- Our pizza is made with 100% Grade A cheese that has exceeded the government’s highest
standards, uncompromising quality and of course no additives, fillers or preservatives
- No trans fats in our recipes
- Highest quality tomato sauce with no added citric acid, chemicals or sugar
- We use only fresh herbs, such as oregano, thyme and rosemary
About the Founder
Pino Piroso, creator and owner of Pizza Rustica, has more than 30 years of experience in the restaurant business. Piroso began to develop his passion for food at an early age, watching his mother in the kitchen creating authentic Italian dishes.
Since 1996, Piroso has put his heart and soul into building Pizza Rustica, which has expanded to numerous locations throughout the US and Europe. Piroso continues to have a hands-on approach at the restaurant, working seven days a week to maintain high standards and consistency. As a result of his diligent work ethic, charismatic leadership and passion for Pizza Rustica, employees and customers alike adore him like family.
“In the beginning we worked day and night, making pizzas, serving the customers, taking deliveries, modifying the recipes, introducing new pizzas and educating our customers. After years of hard work, we knew we had built something very special.”-Pino Piroso
In May 1996, Pizza Rustica opened its doors on the corner of 9th Street and Washington in Miami Beach, Florida. Customers were lured in by the aroma of fresh pizzas baking. They had never seen these Roman-style rectangular pans of pizza with so many unique gourmet toppings. Word began to spread among locals and tourists alike that Pizza Rustica was the place where everyone loved to come and enjoy a fast and affordable gourmet meal.
Walk in today and it’s easy to see that everyone feels comfortable at Pizza Rustica. Customers range from daytime beach goers to late-night clubbers. Some grab a slice on the run while others stay to enjoy Pizza Rustica’s high-energy vibe and colorful crowd. Currently, the restaurant concept continues to grow and prosper. The pizzeria has been recognized in publications such as the Miami Herald, Boston Globe and New York Times, and has won numerous prestigious local and national awards year after year.
PIZZA RUSTICA LOVES OUR COMMUNITIES!
We think it’s important to be a good neighbor and to support the communities where are customers live. We encourage all our franchisees to give back and be involved.
• Humane Society • Boy Scouts of America • Center for Autism at University of Miami, Tropical Nights • Dining Out for Life International Fundraiser benefitting HIV/AIDS Organizations • LIVESTRONG Lance Armstrong Foundation • Miami International Film Festival • National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Winter Party Festival • American Cancer Society • American Red Cross • Best Buddies International • Leadership Academy Alumni Association • New World Symphony • Cushman School •Coral Reef Elementary School • Hebrew Home for the Aged • Star Boosters • Police Benevolent Association • Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce (Gala Auction 2010) • Miami Beach Police Athletic League (The Great EsSkate) • Pridelines Youth Services • International Christian School • CARD UM-NSU • Kristi House • Mount Sinai Medical Center • Miami Country Day School • Make-A-Wish America • AIDS Healthcare Foundation
• Organizations We Support •
SADS Foundation •Vote Miami Beach Discount Program • Noobie Games • Miami Beach High School • South Miami Drug Free Coalition • Miami Beach Parks & Recreation (Children’s Football & Basketball) • Independent Film by Susan Braun •
Proud Members Of
• Lincoln Rd. Association • Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce, Pillar Member • Washington Avenue Association • South Florida Concierge Association • Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association • IFA International Franchise Association •